Skip to main content

Going Forward

Life has been compared to a roller-coaster ride and not many people enjoy them as many also never enjoy life. "Why would you want to enter a roller-coaster ride where one is turned upside down and yet life's challenges also do the same?". This was an interesting question my friend once asked me. I retorted by saying that it helps take the sting out of life's punches when you have fun even in the midst of the fiery furnace that life is.

Recently, like a few years now, I had a situation that really brought me to tears. As I meditated on the events leading to the painful experience I was in, I had to question whether I needed to be on this roller-coaster ride. As I reflected more on what I could have done differently, I began to realise why bitterness is such a killer. Not only did I see my mistakes and what I could have done better, but I also realised where I let my guard down and allowed the enemy in. When going through the throngs of life I was reminded that the test of every valley will contain an examination of the heart. 

Bitterness in the heart leads to offence leading to one sabotaging their own destiny. As I shed tears in anguish at my failings and pain caused by words spoken, I realised that I was about to take a seat with bitterness. Yes, I was angry and upset at the whole scenario but that didn't warrant my seating down with bitterness. I quickly realised that my worship and prayer life was not God-focused as my attention was drawn to the pain. I knew something was wrong and as I meditated I knew the answer to this situation would enable me to go forward in life. 

I quickly knelt down and forgave, myself included, for failing spectacularly. As I did that with tears rolling down I felt a weight taken off my shoulders and joy well up in my innermost being catapulting me upwards. I don't know where you are in life as you read this, however, be assured life will come with many opportunities to be bitter in life. Don't take that opportunity. Pass it quickly to enable you to move towards destiny.

The children of Israel crossed the Red Sea and soon came to a place called Marah meaning bitter waters. As the people complained, God gave Moses a solution. Take a tree and cast it into the waters. That tree is the Cross. I have discovered that as I take up the Cross the bitter waters will turn to be sweet. Life is about to become sweeter as I allow the cross to work a deep work within. Don't measure live by the standards of the earth. Measure it by the standards of God. 

Ex 15:23-25
"Now when they came to Marah, they could not drink the waters of Marah, for they were bitter. Therefore the name of it was called Marah'.  24 And the people complained against Moses, saying, "What shall we drink?" 25 So he cried out to the Lord, and the Lord showed him a tree. When he cast it into the waters, the waters were made sweet. There He made a statute and an ordinance for them, and there He tested them,

(NKJV)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A better tomorrow

Everyone is hopeful for a better tomorrow. That's why we say "Good morning" at the start of the day as it's an indicator of the hope within that welcomes the dawning of a new day to bring better fortunes our way. God's mercies are new every morning and His compassion's do not fail Lamentations 3:22-23 . When faced with adversity it becomes harder to see a better tomorrow; but resilient people are focused on the fact that trouble is only a comma in the sentence of life. At a time where fear has gripped many hearts because of various reasons it is difficult to remain hopeful. Without hope you cannot have the faith necessary to live. Faith is the substance of what is hoped for Hebrews 11:1 . Faith gives hope tangibility. To be without hope is to open the door of low living. as hopelessness is the start of damnation in life. You and I were born for a reason. We are not just statistics, making up numbers in any particular nation. You and I were born to reign in li

The Tongue

Day 295 Reading: James 1:1 - James 5:20 Whilst reading the Bible in each book I have sought to look for one main thing that is a focal point. I am sure you will agree that it's not simple to do that as each book in the Bible has numerous teachings that God desires we understand. While reading the Book of James my mind had many thoughts of what to blog. However, as I thought and prayed about it I felt I should blog about the tongue. James in writing this letter warns the believer that many destinies have been ruined by the tongue. When this small part of the body is not under God's control the havoc it can do is great. Just think of the many dictators in history. Many rose to the place of prominence because of their words.   You taste food with the tongue, not the hands that bring it to your mouth. Your eyes may see a meal and it may look delicious but the tongue will reveal whether what you saw was great to taste or not. This is the same with words. How do your words ta

Lessons From A Parable

Day 259 Reading: Luke 14:1 - Luke 16:31 The thoughts that God has for you are too many to be counted. Jesus while speaking asked the disciples if they knew the number of hairs that fall off their head? Jesus told them that God is so interested in the minute details about us that He knows when one hair falls down. God is so detailed about our lives because He is good. When you embrace the goodness of God by understanding that God's love towards us is immeasurable. Whilst reading today's passages my heart was refreshed as I read a very famous parable featuring the prodigal son.   Jesus tells us of two sons and a father. The younger son asked for his inheritance and left home leaving the elder son and his father.  The younger went to a faraway land and wasted his life. He soon was dead broke, deserted by his new found friends and looking for a job. He soon was working for a farmer feeding his pigs. His job must have been so mundane with low pay as he ate the food the