Skip to main content

Going Forward

Life has been compared to a roller-coaster ride and not many people enjoy them as many also never enjoy life. "Why would you want to enter a roller-coaster ride where one is turned upside down and yet life's challenges also do the same?". This was an interesting question my friend once asked me. I retorted by saying that it helps take the sting out of life's punches when you have fun even in the midst of the fiery furnace that life is.

Recently, like a few years now, I had a situation that really brought me to tears. As I meditated on the events leading to the painful experience I was in, I had to question whether I needed to be on this roller-coaster ride. As I reflected more on what I could have done differently, I began to realise why bitterness is such a killer. Not only did I see my mistakes and what I could have done better, but I also realised where I let my guard down and allowed the enemy in. When going through the throngs of life I was reminded that the test of every valley will contain an examination of the heart. 

Bitterness in the heart leads to offence leading to one sabotaging their own destiny. As I shed tears in anguish at my failings and pain caused by words spoken, I realised that I was about to take a seat with bitterness. Yes, I was angry and upset at the whole scenario but that didn't warrant my seating down with bitterness. I quickly realised that my worship and prayer life was not God-focused as my attention was drawn to the pain. I knew something was wrong and as I meditated I knew the answer to this situation would enable me to go forward in life. 

I quickly knelt down and forgave, myself included, for failing spectacularly. As I did that with tears rolling down I felt a weight taken off my shoulders and joy well up in my innermost being catapulting me upwards. I don't know where you are in life as you read this, however, be assured life will come with many opportunities to be bitter in life. Don't take that opportunity. Pass it quickly to enable you to move towards destiny.

The children of Israel crossed the Red Sea and soon came to a place called Marah meaning bitter waters. As the people complained, God gave Moses a solution. Take a tree and cast it into the waters. That tree is the Cross. I have discovered that as I take up the Cross the bitter waters will turn to be sweet. Life is about to become sweeter as I allow the cross to work a deep work within. Don't measure live by the standards of the earth. Measure it by the standards of God. 

Ex 15:23-25
"Now when they came to Marah, they could not drink the waters of Marah, for they were bitter. Therefore the name of it was called Marah'.  24 And the people complained against Moses, saying, "What shall we drink?" 25 So he cried out to the Lord, and the Lord showed him a tree. When he cast it into the waters, the waters were made sweet. There He made a statute and an ordinance for them, and there He tested them,

(NKJV)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Absalom's Treachery

Day 91 Reading: 2 Sam. 14:1 - 2 Sam. 15:37 One of life's most painful lessons is the treachery of human beings. When family or friends hurt you and leave you grieving the pain is not the same as when someone out on the street does something wrong. The pain goes deeper and it's easy to become bitter. Absalom had fled from Israel knowing that he was a wanted man for the murder and revenge on Ammon his step-brother. Joab arranged for a wise woman to go see David and get him to forgive Absalom. The wise woman made David realise that he was not setting a godly example by exiling Absalom. The wise woman made David understand that God will not banish anyone but he will seek the person out. God will do everything in His power to restore the banished person. The wise woman was asking David not to forget the grace of God that enables one to enjoy forgiveness. David gets Absalom brought back to Jerusalem however for 2 years he didn't see him. Now, this was worse than ...

From the Pit to Safety

The news about the miners rescue has filled the atmosphere with a real lever of optimism. What began as a sad tale has ended well. As I have followed this story over the last 69 days I have had a few thoughts about some of the symbolism of this whole experience. In life we all will find ourselves in a pit (mine) of some sort.Thus the decision to see what I could learn from these great gentlemen. Firstly, they were miners. Do you realise that we all are miners in life? You may not mine for copper but as a lawyer you are mining legal matters that bring you profit. You may be a doctor whose responsibility is to mine to the root of the issue that is troubling a patients body!! We all are mining for a living!!! The miners numbered 33. Jesus was 33 when He was buried. After He died He was buried before He arose. We saw 33 men come out alive. Talk about a resurrection in their lives and in the lives of the men, families, and nation. Each miner underwent change. Whilst in the darkness of th...

Arise!!

The world today is one where many feel as though life is beating them down. The different challenges we face in this journey called life have punched many down and out. The fuel price increases, the job cuts, economic recession in different parts of the world, government changes either through the ballot or bullet, governments going broke, floods, drought, to just but name a few things facing many in the world today. It's difficult to go to a party and you don't hear bad news relating to someone you know. The world is changing. The weather patterns are affected by global warming, societal values held by previous generations are being obliterated by the ones following, and guess what, life for many is a nightmare. Today, I want to encourage that person who is lying down beaten by life. We all at times go through situations in life where we are down. It may appear that life's challenges have handed down a technical knockout blow, but humanity was not made to be beaten by lif...