Skip to main content

Going Up

Today as I rode on the train into work coming out of a tunnel, while meditating on how in life we go through tunnels of darkness, I saw a plane taking off. It was a site to behold and the coincidence of happening to be coming of a dark tunnel as the flight was taking off made me marvel in wonder at God's goodness. I heard a voice repeat to me that the same way as I have seen a plane taking off while coming out of a tunnel my life is taking off to higher heights.

I recently celebrated my birthday and as I took time to rest and wait on God, He made it clear that the tunnel of darkness was behind me. While studying the scriptures I came across a scripture that has blown my mind away over the last few days. As I read this passage I could not help but marvel at God's love. Whatever has hindered my progress I have news for it, your time is over and God's time is here and now. I hope this passage will be a blessing to you as well. May His promises over your life come to pass. May you possess all that He has ordained for you. Here is the portion of scripture that has really blessed me especially the tail end of it Isaiah 41:11-13(Message Bible).


“Count on it: Everyone who had it in for you
    will end up out in the cold—
    real losers.
Those who worked against you
    will end up empty-handed—
    nothing to show for their lives.
When you go out looking for your old adversaries
    you won’t find them—
Not a trace of your old enemies,
    not even a memory.
That’s right. Because I, your God,
    have a firm grip on you and I’m not letting go.
I’m telling you, ‘Don’t panic.
    I’m right here to help you.’


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Absalom's Treachery

Day 91 Reading: 2 Sam. 14:1 - 2 Sam. 15:37 One of life's most painful lessons is the treachery of human beings. When family or friends hurt you and leave you grieving the pain is not the same as when someone out on the street does something wrong. The pain goes deeper and it's easy to become bitter. Absalom had fled from Israel knowing that he was a wanted man for the murder and revenge on Ammon his step-brother. Joab arranged for a wise woman to go see David and get him to forgive Absalom. The wise woman made David realise that he was not setting a godly example by exiling Absalom. The wise woman made David understand that God will not banish anyone but he will seek the person out. God will do everything in His power to restore the banished person. The wise woman was asking David not to forget the grace of God that enables one to enjoy forgiveness. David gets Absalom brought back to Jerusalem however for 2 years he didn't see him. Now, this was worse than ...

Berachah

Day 126 Reading: 2 Chronicles 20:1 - 2 Chronicles 22:12 While meditating on the above portion of scriptures hope was rising within as I realised that God is indeed more than able to fight for me. I don't know what is ailing you or contending with your well being. What I know is that God is able to resolve the crisis for good. King Jehoshaphat was advised that a great army was coming to fight him. Fear gripped him and he ran to God. He summoned the entire nation to seek the face of God. While he made prayer for salvation from the enemy the entire nation including children were together fasting in prayer. He understood that in trouble one should run to God. The king didn't run to other nations to fight for him. Nope, He ran to God. Run to God always. In the midst of an entire nation seeking God, a prophet arose who declared the counsel of God. The battle belongs to God. Always remind yourself that in every battle God is with you. The prophet even instructed where...

Arise!!

The world today is one where many feel as though life is beating them down. The different challenges we face in this journey called life have punched many down and out. The fuel price increases, the job cuts, economic recession in different parts of the world, government changes either through the ballot or bullet, governments going broke, floods, drought, to just but name a few things facing many in the world today. It's difficult to go to a party and you don't hear bad news relating to someone you know. The world is changing. The weather patterns are affected by global warming, societal values held by previous generations are being obliterated by the ones following, and guess what, life for many is a nightmare. Today, I want to encourage that person who is lying down beaten by life. We all at times go through situations in life where we are down. It may appear that life's challenges have handed down a technical knockout blow, but humanity was not made to be beaten by lif...