Skip to main content

Pulled Out of the Horrible Pit.

Every morning I make a habit of reading the Psalms to help me start my day off with praise to God. This habit also helps me maintain an atmosphere of gratitude,  as I have found it easy to moan in the world we live in.

This morning as I read the Psalms for my devotion I was amazed at how God is in the business of pulling one out of the horrible pit that circumstances sometimes turn out to be. As I thought about this, I realised that this year I have no business being a resident of any horrible pit in life. 

For the year to be all that I am expecting, I have no business dwelling in the pit of sorrow, failure, regret, moaning or mourning. As I meditated about the awesome power of God to pull me out of any horrible pit, I realised God this year will pull us out of every mess. You and I are in the age where the mess becomes a message of hope and change. God will pull you out of the pit and place you on solid ground. There can be no other solid footing other than the Jesus who is the Cornerstone, the Rock on which we stand. Determine that 2012 will be the year you leave every horrible pit of life, leave all that is shaky and stand on the solid ground that God has designed for you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Absalom's Treachery

Day 91 Reading: 2 Sam. 14:1 - 2 Sam. 15:37 One of life's most painful lessons is the treachery of human beings. When family or friends hurt you and leave you grieving the pain is not the same as when someone out on the street does something wrong. The pain goes deeper and it's easy to become bitter. Absalom had fled from Israel knowing that he was a wanted man for the murder and revenge on Ammon his step-brother. Joab arranged for a wise woman to go see David and get him to forgive Absalom. The wise woman made David realise that he was not setting a godly example by exiling Absalom. The wise woman made David understand that God will not banish anyone but he will seek the person out. God will do everything in His power to restore the banished person. The wise woman was asking David not to forget the grace of God that enables one to enjoy forgiveness. David gets Absalom brought back to Jerusalem however for 2 years he didn't see him. Now, this was worse than ...

Arise!!

The world today is one where many feel as though life is beating them down. The different challenges we face in this journey called life have punched many down and out. The fuel price increases, the job cuts, economic recession in different parts of the world, government changes either through the ballot or bullet, governments going broke, floods, drought, to just but name a few things facing many in the world today. It's difficult to go to a party and you don't hear bad news relating to someone you know. The world is changing. The weather patterns are affected by global warming, societal values held by previous generations are being obliterated by the ones following, and guess what, life for many is a nightmare. Today, I want to encourage that person who is lying down beaten by life. We all at times go through situations in life where we are down. It may appear that life's challenges have handed down a technical knockout blow, but humanity was not made to be beaten by lif...

From the Pit to Safety

The news about the miners rescue has filled the atmosphere with a real lever of optimism. What began as a sad tale has ended well. As I have followed this story over the last 69 days I have had a few thoughts about some of the symbolism of this whole experience. In life we all will find ourselves in a pit (mine) of some sort.Thus the decision to see what I could learn from these great gentlemen. Firstly, they were miners. Do you realise that we all are miners in life? You may not mine for copper but as a lawyer you are mining legal matters that bring you profit. You may be a doctor whose responsibility is to mine to the root of the issue that is troubling a patients body!! We all are mining for a living!!! The miners numbered 33. Jesus was 33 when He was buried. After He died He was buried before He arose. We saw 33 men come out alive. Talk about a resurrection in their lives and in the lives of the men, families, and nation. Each miner underwent change. Whilst in the darkness of th...