Skip to main content

Am Persuaded!!!

I woke up this morning with a serious headache, not that any headache is not serious but I don't wake up with headaches. As I tossed and turned in bed and wondered whether I should lie in for a few more hours and hopefully get better or just get going as I had a busy day planned out, I began to just ask whether this headache would stop my day. I decided to reflect on God's goodness over my life and hold onto the promise of health that is my assurance.

While reflecting on His goodness and mercies I recalled one promise that solidified my commitment that even in the midst of trouble of whatever shape or form, God has me in mind.Paul said in 2 Timothy 1:12 "For this reason I also suffer these things; nevertheless I am not ashamed, for I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that He is able to keep what I have committed to Him until that Day."NKJV

I don't know what challenge you are facing in life; don't know what is troubling you or causing shame in your life but make the choices Paul made. He chose not to be ashamed that life came with issues; secondly, he chose to believe in God as being able to do what He said would do and thirdly, he was persuaded and nothing could change his opinion regarding this matter that God was fighting his corner. I want to encourage you that no matter how life may look right now, fix your faith in your Maker and be persuaded that He will make you as He has promised to make you in His Word. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Absalom's Treachery

Day 91 Reading: 2 Sam. 14:1 - 2 Sam. 15:37 One of life's most painful lessons is the treachery of human beings. When family or friends hurt you and leave you grieving the pain is not the same as when someone out on the street does something wrong. The pain goes deeper and it's easy to become bitter. Absalom had fled from Israel knowing that he was a wanted man for the murder and revenge on Ammon his step-brother. Joab arranged for a wise woman to go see David and get him to forgive Absalom. The wise woman made David realise that he was not setting a godly example by exiling Absalom. The wise woman made David understand that God will not banish anyone but he will seek the person out. God will do everything in His power to restore the banished person. The wise woman was asking David not to forget the grace of God that enables one to enjoy forgiveness. David gets Absalom brought back to Jerusalem however for 2 years he didn't see him. Now, this was worse than ...

From the Pit to Safety

The news about the miners rescue has filled the atmosphere with a real lever of optimism. What began as a sad tale has ended well. As I have followed this story over the last 69 days I have had a few thoughts about some of the symbolism of this whole experience. In life we all will find ourselves in a pit (mine) of some sort.Thus the decision to see what I could learn from these great gentlemen. Firstly, they were miners. Do you realise that we all are miners in life? You may not mine for copper but as a lawyer you are mining legal matters that bring you profit. You may be a doctor whose responsibility is to mine to the root of the issue that is troubling a patients body!! We all are mining for a living!!! The miners numbered 33. Jesus was 33 when He was buried. After He died He was buried before He arose. We saw 33 men come out alive. Talk about a resurrection in their lives and in the lives of the men, families, and nation. Each miner underwent change. Whilst in the darkness of th...

Arise!!

The world today is one where many feel as though life is beating them down. The different challenges we face in this journey called life have punched many down and out. The fuel price increases, the job cuts, economic recession in different parts of the world, government changes either through the ballot or bullet, governments going broke, floods, drought, to just but name a few things facing many in the world today. It's difficult to go to a party and you don't hear bad news relating to someone you know. The world is changing. The weather patterns are affected by global warming, societal values held by previous generations are being obliterated by the ones following, and guess what, life for many is a nightmare. Today, I want to encourage that person who is lying down beaten by life. We all at times go through situations in life where we are down. It may appear that life's challenges have handed down a technical knockout blow, but humanity was not made to be beaten by lif...