Skip to main content

Change Inducers

Last week I shared of a cry within my heart for change. I will reiterate that I am truly fed up with life as it has been and have made up my mind that a new chapter in my life is beginning. I am determined that I will make an impact not only to this generation but to others that follow. To see the changes I desire to see I fully understand that there is a process and it requires my active participation for manifestation to be glorious.

As I thought about the change I desired, it has become clear to me the important role studying has in bringing about change. Change is not brought by mere chance. Thomas Edison tried and tried many times until he created the light bulb that worked. Each time he failed he said he learnt something. Studying allows one to acquire knowledge which when applied correctly gives one wisdom to succeed in life. I have over the last few days been drawing up a reading plan to cover between September and December this year that will place me at the right place to succeed in life going forward.

Another inducer of change other than studying is discipline. Great leaders are disciplined people. I have over the last few days being looking at what areas of my life I need an overhaul. Honesty is the first discipline needed to do this well. Having watched some of the events during the Olympics one thing that was constantly mentioned by the winners of gold medals and their coaches was the discipline needed to achieve success. 

I want to encourage you to study well. Paul told Timothy that approval in life came from studying diligently 2 Tim 2:15. Be focused in your pursuit for change in all circumstances. Discipline yourself in all areas of life and get ready to be a beacon of light. It's time to shine and it is now not later!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Absalom's Treachery

Day 91 Reading: 2 Sam. 14:1 - 2 Sam. 15:37 One of life's most painful lessons is the treachery of human beings. When family or friends hurt you and leave you grieving the pain is not the same as when someone out on the street does something wrong. The pain goes deeper and it's easy to become bitter. Absalom had fled from Israel knowing that he was a wanted man for the murder and revenge on Ammon his step-brother. Joab arranged for a wise woman to go see David and get him to forgive Absalom. The wise woman made David realise that he was not setting a godly example by exiling Absalom. The wise woman made David understand that God will not banish anyone but he will seek the person out. God will do everything in His power to restore the banished person. The wise woman was asking David not to forget the grace of God that enables one to enjoy forgiveness. David gets Absalom brought back to Jerusalem however for 2 years he didn't see him. Now, this was worse than ...

From the Pit to Safety

The news about the miners rescue has filled the atmosphere with a real lever of optimism. What began as a sad tale has ended well. As I have followed this story over the last 69 days I have had a few thoughts about some of the symbolism of this whole experience. In life we all will find ourselves in a pit (mine) of some sort.Thus the decision to see what I could learn from these great gentlemen. Firstly, they were miners. Do you realise that we all are miners in life? You may not mine for copper but as a lawyer you are mining legal matters that bring you profit. You may be a doctor whose responsibility is to mine to the root of the issue that is troubling a patients body!! We all are mining for a living!!! The miners numbered 33. Jesus was 33 when He was buried. After He died He was buried before He arose. We saw 33 men come out alive. Talk about a resurrection in their lives and in the lives of the men, families, and nation. Each miner underwent change. Whilst in the darkness of th...

Arise!!

The world today is one where many feel as though life is beating them down. The different challenges we face in this journey called life have punched many down and out. The fuel price increases, the job cuts, economic recession in different parts of the world, government changes either through the ballot or bullet, governments going broke, floods, drought, to just but name a few things facing many in the world today. It's difficult to go to a party and you don't hear bad news relating to someone you know. The world is changing. The weather patterns are affected by global warming, societal values held by previous generations are being obliterated by the ones following, and guess what, life for many is a nightmare. Today, I want to encourage that person who is lying down beaten by life. We all at times go through situations in life where we are down. It may appear that life's challenges have handed down a technical knockout blow, but humanity was not made to be beaten by lif...