Skip to main content

What If?

Many times I wake up and wonder what if. Have you ever just sat down and appraised your life and wondered what if?  I am sure you have questioned yourself all in the name of self evaluation especially when things are not working right.

As I sat on my bed on Sunday and went through a conversation that I had earlier that day I suddenly asked myself this question "What if?" As I looked through my life that night I kept crying out the same question. 

In the midst of the turmoil within my soul I was reminded who My Maker is. Friends cannot make you, nor can family, neither can the well paying job, or even a billionaire spouse, or being the most gifted person!! Only God can make into the person that shines as a bright star. Isaiah the prophet encouraged people to make the God the Maker their husbands Isaiah 54:1. Get intimate and submit your life to God who made heaven and earth and watch as He makes your life. Unless you are walking in union with God as your Maker He cannot make your life!!

I discovered that the best solution to the "What if syndrome" in life is to have God build you. Following the Maker's instruction will yield the best results always. Common sense will only take you so far when you try to do something. However, I have discovered that with God all things are possible if you fully trust Him. His instructions will cause you to do the unbelievable and make the dream within a reality. I will close with the words of Psalms 127:1.


1 "Unless the Lord builds the house, they labor in vain who build it;
    Unless the Lord guards the city, the watchman stays awake in vain. NKJV"




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Absalom's Treachery

Day 91 Reading: 2 Sam. 14:1 - 2 Sam. 15:37 One of life's most painful lessons is the treachery of human beings. When family or friends hurt you and leave you grieving the pain is not the same as when someone out on the street does something wrong. The pain goes deeper and it's easy to become bitter. Absalom had fled from Israel knowing that he was a wanted man for the murder and revenge on Ammon his step-brother. Joab arranged for a wise woman to go see David and get him to forgive Absalom. The wise woman made David realise that he was not setting a godly example by exiling Absalom. The wise woman made David understand that God will not banish anyone but he will seek the person out. God will do everything in His power to restore the banished person. The wise woman was asking David not to forget the grace of God that enables one to enjoy forgiveness. David gets Absalom brought back to Jerusalem however for 2 years he didn't see him. Now, this was worse than ...

From the Pit to Safety

The news about the miners rescue has filled the atmosphere with a real lever of optimism. What began as a sad tale has ended well. As I have followed this story over the last 69 days I have had a few thoughts about some of the symbolism of this whole experience. In life we all will find ourselves in a pit (mine) of some sort.Thus the decision to see what I could learn from these great gentlemen. Firstly, they were miners. Do you realise that we all are miners in life? You may not mine for copper but as a lawyer you are mining legal matters that bring you profit. You may be a doctor whose responsibility is to mine to the root of the issue that is troubling a patients body!! We all are mining for a living!!! The miners numbered 33. Jesus was 33 when He was buried. After He died He was buried before He arose. We saw 33 men come out alive. Talk about a resurrection in their lives and in the lives of the men, families, and nation. Each miner underwent change. Whilst in the darkness of th...

Arise!!

The world today is one where many feel as though life is beating them down. The different challenges we face in this journey called life have punched many down and out. The fuel price increases, the job cuts, economic recession in different parts of the world, government changes either through the ballot or bullet, governments going broke, floods, drought, to just but name a few things facing many in the world today. It's difficult to go to a party and you don't hear bad news relating to someone you know. The world is changing. The weather patterns are affected by global warming, societal values held by previous generations are being obliterated by the ones following, and guess what, life for many is a nightmare. Today, I want to encourage that person who is lying down beaten by life. We all at times go through situations in life where we are down. It may appear that life's challenges have handed down a technical knockout blow, but humanity was not made to be beaten by lif...