Skip to main content

Thanksgiving

We are almost at the middle point of the year. Many will at this time be taking stock of their lives seeking to evaluate their goals and targets for this year and will re-evaluate to see the progress made. As I sat and meditated about the year so far, God reminded me that its important to give thanks. I may not be where I wanted to be at the beginning of the year but one thing I will do is be grateful to God for where I am as I am a living testimony that miracles still occur.

The future may look bleak to some because of the economic forecasts, but still I choose to give thanks because I am alive. The mere fact that I am alive is proof that I still have a reason to hope against all odds that I will turn the corner of life and see my dream come to pass. The medical report may be speaking of doom, the business may be facing a winding up order, still I insist on giving thanks. However bad things look, there is still one thing that you and I can rejoice and give thanks over and that is the fact that we have a hope. The fact that we are alive gives us hope that the same way the sun arose in the morning and a new day began then we can also expect a new day knowing that the seasons of life are never permanent and thus shouldn't stop us from giving thanks.

I would like to pass a challenge to everyone, spend a few days over the next few days giving thanks for all that you have or don't have and see how it brightens your life up. I will close with this wonderful passage of scripture found in 1 Thessalonians 5:18

 Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.

Holy Bible, New Living Translation ®, copyright © 1996, 2004 by Tyndale Charitable Trust. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers. All rights reserved.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Absalom's Treachery

Day 91 Reading: 2 Sam. 14:1 - 2 Sam. 15:37 One of life's most painful lessons is the treachery of human beings. When family or friends hurt you and leave you grieving the pain is not the same as when someone out on the street does something wrong. The pain goes deeper and it's easy to become bitter. Absalom had fled from Israel knowing that he was a wanted man for the murder and revenge on Ammon his step-brother. Joab arranged for a wise woman to go see David and get him to forgive Absalom. The wise woman made David realise that he was not setting a godly example by exiling Absalom. The wise woman made David understand that God will not banish anyone but he will seek the person out. God will do everything in His power to restore the banished person. The wise woman was asking David not to forget the grace of God that enables one to enjoy forgiveness. David gets Absalom brought back to Jerusalem however for 2 years he didn't see him. Now, this was worse than ...

Arise!!

The world today is one where many feel as though life is beating them down. The different challenges we face in this journey called life have punched many down and out. The fuel price increases, the job cuts, economic recession in different parts of the world, government changes either through the ballot or bullet, governments going broke, floods, drought, to just but name a few things facing many in the world today. It's difficult to go to a party and you don't hear bad news relating to someone you know. The world is changing. The weather patterns are affected by global warming, societal values held by previous generations are being obliterated by the ones following, and guess what, life for many is a nightmare. Today, I want to encourage that person who is lying down beaten by life. We all at times go through situations in life where we are down. It may appear that life's challenges have handed down a technical knockout blow, but humanity was not made to be beaten by lif...

From the Pit to Safety

The news about the miners rescue has filled the atmosphere with a real lever of optimism. What began as a sad tale has ended well. As I have followed this story over the last 69 days I have had a few thoughts about some of the symbolism of this whole experience. In life we all will find ourselves in a pit (mine) of some sort.Thus the decision to see what I could learn from these great gentlemen. Firstly, they were miners. Do you realise that we all are miners in life? You may not mine for copper but as a lawyer you are mining legal matters that bring you profit. You may be a doctor whose responsibility is to mine to the root of the issue that is troubling a patients body!! We all are mining for a living!!! The miners numbered 33. Jesus was 33 when He was buried. After He died He was buried before He arose. We saw 33 men come out alive. Talk about a resurrection in their lives and in the lives of the men, families, and nation. Each miner underwent change. Whilst in the darkness of th...