Skip to main content

End Well

As the year is drawing to a close it's important that we end the year well. I don't mean by splashing out a party or some expensive function to mark the end of the year but one needs to take stock of the year and end it well. The best way and I believe the right way to end the season is to be grateful. 

One of the biggest plagues devastating humanity is called "Complainotitis"-just coined that word to describe the attitude of a complainer. Today some people will complain about everything, everyone, anything and anyhow; no wonder we have many ungracious characters. Listening to some people describe their year will make you realise that many are downright ungrateful for everything. 

I have made a choice and that is to be thankful for everything. As 2011 is slowly winding down I have decided that I will enter 2012 with a grateful heart enabling me to be gracious. I am grateful I am alive; am thankful I am healthy, living, working, walking, talking, and once again living. I am not in an ICU ward but am moving ahead in life fulfilling destiny. I may not have all I wanted this year but I am grateful that I even have some of it. In the midst of everything I have decided to say thanks to God for seeing me through the year. My heart is filled with joy and thanksgiving that I have even come this far. Thank you Lord!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Absalom's Treachery

Day 91 Reading: 2 Sam. 14:1 - 2 Sam. 15:37 One of life's most painful lessons is the treachery of human beings. When family or friends hurt you and leave you grieving the pain is not the same as when someone out on the street does something wrong. The pain goes deeper and it's easy to become bitter. Absalom had fled from Israel knowing that he was a wanted man for the murder and revenge on Ammon his step-brother. Joab arranged for a wise woman to go see David and get him to forgive Absalom. The wise woman made David realise that he was not setting a godly example by exiling Absalom. The wise woman made David understand that God will not banish anyone but he will seek the person out. God will do everything in His power to restore the banished person. The wise woman was asking David not to forget the grace of God that enables one to enjoy forgiveness. David gets Absalom brought back to Jerusalem however for 2 years he didn't see him. Now, this was worse than ...

Arise!!

The world today is one where many feel as though life is beating them down. The different challenges we face in this journey called life have punched many down and out. The fuel price increases, the job cuts, economic recession in different parts of the world, government changes either through the ballot or bullet, governments going broke, floods, drought, to just but name a few things facing many in the world today. It's difficult to go to a party and you don't hear bad news relating to someone you know. The world is changing. The weather patterns are affected by global warming, societal values held by previous generations are being obliterated by the ones following, and guess what, life for many is a nightmare. Today, I want to encourage that person who is lying down beaten by life. We all at times go through situations in life where we are down. It may appear that life's challenges have handed down a technical knockout blow, but humanity was not made to be beaten by lif...

From the Pit to Safety

The news about the miners rescue has filled the atmosphere with a real lever of optimism. What began as a sad tale has ended well. As I have followed this story over the last 69 days I have had a few thoughts about some of the symbolism of this whole experience. In life we all will find ourselves in a pit (mine) of some sort.Thus the decision to see what I could learn from these great gentlemen. Firstly, they were miners. Do you realise that we all are miners in life? You may not mine for copper but as a lawyer you are mining legal matters that bring you profit. You may be a doctor whose responsibility is to mine to the root of the issue that is troubling a patients body!! We all are mining for a living!!! The miners numbered 33. Jesus was 33 when He was buried. After He died He was buried before He arose. We saw 33 men come out alive. Talk about a resurrection in their lives and in the lives of the men, families, and nation. Each miner underwent change. Whilst in the darkness of th...