Skip to main content

God Come Quickly To Me

Day 214

Reading: Ezekiel 10:1 - Ezekiel 13:23

God,

I have read and heard of Your greatness. I can testify that yes I have seen You and know that of a truth You are the Living God. You have been there for me in the good and bad times. Thank You for loving me even when I doubted You. The more I read Your Word the more I am stirred to seek Your face. However, Lord, I am troubled. Troubled by many things. Troubled when I see the state of things in my world. Troubled by a feeling that I am wasting away striving to get somewhere and maybe I have chosen the wrong route to get to my destination. Troubled because my world is far from what Your promises say. Troubled because I can't see Your hand in my life. I seem to hear prophecies that never come to pass.

Will I arrive in Canaan? Will I see what I desire from You? Will I fulfil that which You have ordained me for? God, have I departed from Your will is a question I am constantly asking myself. Not because I think I have lost it but I can't see Your Word coming to pass like I once knew. Reading Ezekiel, I feel as though I have gone to captivity and my eyes have been removed. Forgive me for listening and entertaining to false prophets who spoke peace when a war was approaching. Forgive me for speaking from my heart and saying it was Your word when in reality I didn't hear what Heaven was saying. 

As I sit here and look at my life, hearing all the things many are saying of me I can only cry to you, Lord, many say that I am finished. Even I wonder whether I will ever make it. Mockery has become my story. Many hear of me and shake their heads in disbelief. Will I declare your Word with power again? To substitute the lack of power I have chased intellectualism forgetting that You created the world by power and established it by wisdom. Power must go hand in hand with wisdom. Lord, I have given myself to the ways of the world and have not lived a life of faith in You. A life that is given to You and seeks only what You have. 

My cry to You Lord is that You quicken Your promises to me. Lord, let there be no more delay in seeing Your Word fulfilled. The world is perishing and we can only cry to You. Restore me to the place You called me. Give me a heart of flesh, taking away the heart of stone that I may serve you out of a contrite and broken heart. Lord, I pray for a new season in my life. A season of restoration is what I desire. This letter is not only a cry for help, it's also a cry of repentance for only You can make me be the person You ordained. I cannot make myself. Lord make me and don't delay in making me! Thank you because I know my story will be Your story. This letter is also a reminder that God is loving and able to do great things. Thank You because I know my story will not remain the same. I will seek Your purposes over and above my purposes. I choose Your plans over mine. Lord, come quickly and surprise me. No more delay, let that be my story as You manifest Your good promises to me Joshua 21:45.

Your Loving Child.

Memory Verse: Ezekiel 12:23

Decree: 

Ezekiel 12:28
Therefore say to them, ‘Thus says the Lord God: “None of My words will be postponed any more, but the word which I speak will be done,” says the Lord God.’ ” (italics mine)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Absalom's Treachery

Day 91 Reading: 2 Sam. 14:1 - 2 Sam. 15:37 One of life's most painful lessons is the treachery of human beings. When family or friends hurt you and leave you grieving the pain is not the same as when someone out on the street does something wrong. The pain goes deeper and it's easy to become bitter. Absalom had fled from Israel knowing that he was a wanted man for the murder and revenge on Ammon his step-brother. Joab arranged for a wise woman to go see David and get him to forgive Absalom. The wise woman made David realise that he was not setting a godly example by exiling Absalom. The wise woman made David understand that God will not banish anyone but he will seek the person out. God will do everything in His power to restore the banished person. The wise woman was asking David not to forget the grace of God that enables one to enjoy forgiveness. David gets Absalom brought back to Jerusalem however for 2 years he didn't see him. Now, this was worse than ...

From the Pit to Safety

The news about the miners rescue has filled the atmosphere with a real lever of optimism. What began as a sad tale has ended well. As I have followed this story over the last 69 days I have had a few thoughts about some of the symbolism of this whole experience. In life we all will find ourselves in a pit (mine) of some sort.Thus the decision to see what I could learn from these great gentlemen. Firstly, they were miners. Do you realise that we all are miners in life? You may not mine for copper but as a lawyer you are mining legal matters that bring you profit. You may be a doctor whose responsibility is to mine to the root of the issue that is troubling a patients body!! We all are mining for a living!!! The miners numbered 33. Jesus was 33 when He was buried. After He died He was buried before He arose. We saw 33 men come out alive. Talk about a resurrection in their lives and in the lives of the men, families, and nation. Each miner underwent change. Whilst in the darkness of th...

Arise!!

The world today is one where many feel as though life is beating them down. The different challenges we face in this journey called life have punched many down and out. The fuel price increases, the job cuts, economic recession in different parts of the world, government changes either through the ballot or bullet, governments going broke, floods, drought, to just but name a few things facing many in the world today. It's difficult to go to a party and you don't hear bad news relating to someone you know. The world is changing. The weather patterns are affected by global warming, societal values held by previous generations are being obliterated by the ones following, and guess what, life for many is a nightmare. Today, I want to encourage that person who is lying down beaten by life. We all at times go through situations in life where we are down. It may appear that life's challenges have handed down a technical knockout blow, but humanity was not made to be beaten by lif...