Skip to main content

Praying For Others

Day 198

Reading: Jeremiah 9:1 - Jeremiah 11:23

Jeremiah was burdened with his nation just like many are today. I don't know about you I am concerned about the state of the nations. When I look at my nation of birth, I grieve at how we proclaim ourselves as a Christian nation, politicians campaigning in church yet the evil we see is worse than ever. In my nation of residence, church buildings are being sold and turned to anything other than godly! As Isaiah prophesied that gross darkness would cover the earth indeed we are seeing this fulfilled Isaiah 60:2. 

While reading today's passages I was stirred within. I asked myself how much do I love the nations of the world? Do I desire to see God's plan executed over the nations or have I given up and said whatever will be will be? Have I become selfish that my prayers are only about me, myself and I and never for the good of the nations? When was the last time you prayed for the nation, city, town you live? And pray I don't mean the one-liner, I mean the intense prayer for the locality? We believers today are so heavenly minded that we only pray for our localities when we are unsettled which should not be the case. We ought to be the ones with manifesting the plan of God over our localities, cities, towns, villages, and nations. Prayer will enable us to manifest it remembering that God has given the earth to men and will only operate on earth on our request Psalms 115:16.

Every believer needs to understand that God uses power to create, wisdom to establish and discretion to array the solar system as it is. We need to understand that we need God's power to create that which He desires here on earth. Mankind was to continue creating the world that's why Eden was not the whole world. Mankind was to extend Eden as he walked in the blessing of dominion Genesis 1:28. 

To be established in that which God has created we need wisdom. The earth today is full of people walking by carnal wisdom yet God is desiring to pour divine wisdom over those who will seek it. Wisdom made Solomon establish Jerusalem and the nation of Israel as powerhouses. Gold became common in Jerusalem because of wisdom. Once we have established the purposes of God may God give us discretion that enables us to have an array of all his creation. 

I urge you to pray that God's power will manifest mightily enabling us to create in the earth that which He purposed. May God baptise us with wisdom that we may establish His Kingdom.  May God cause you and I to pray for the nations more than ever for He is the Righteous Judge. 

Memory Verse: Jeremiah 10:12

Decree:

Jeremiah 10:23
O Lord, I know the way of man is not in himself; it is not in man who walks to direct his own steps. (italics mine)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Absalom's Treachery

Day 91 Reading: 2 Sam. 14:1 - 2 Sam. 15:37 One of life's most painful lessons is the treachery of human beings. When family or friends hurt you and leave you grieving the pain is not the same as when someone out on the street does something wrong. The pain goes deeper and it's easy to become bitter. Absalom had fled from Israel knowing that he was a wanted man for the murder and revenge on Ammon his step-brother. Joab arranged for a wise woman to go see David and get him to forgive Absalom. The wise woman made David realise that he was not setting a godly example by exiling Absalom. The wise woman made David understand that God will not banish anyone but he will seek the person out. God will do everything in His power to restore the banished person. The wise woman was asking David not to forget the grace of God that enables one to enjoy forgiveness. David gets Absalom brought back to Jerusalem however for 2 years he didn't see him. Now, this was worse than ...

From the Pit to Safety

The news about the miners rescue has filled the atmosphere with a real lever of optimism. What began as a sad tale has ended well. As I have followed this story over the last 69 days I have had a few thoughts about some of the symbolism of this whole experience. In life we all will find ourselves in a pit (mine) of some sort.Thus the decision to see what I could learn from these great gentlemen. Firstly, they were miners. Do you realise that we all are miners in life? You may not mine for copper but as a lawyer you are mining legal matters that bring you profit. You may be a doctor whose responsibility is to mine to the root of the issue that is troubling a patients body!! We all are mining for a living!!! The miners numbered 33. Jesus was 33 when He was buried. After He died He was buried before He arose. We saw 33 men come out alive. Talk about a resurrection in their lives and in the lives of the men, families, and nation. Each miner underwent change. Whilst in the darkness of th...

Arise!!

The world today is one where many feel as though life is beating them down. The different challenges we face in this journey called life have punched many down and out. The fuel price increases, the job cuts, economic recession in different parts of the world, government changes either through the ballot or bullet, governments going broke, floods, drought, to just but name a few things facing many in the world today. It's difficult to go to a party and you don't hear bad news relating to someone you know. The world is changing. The weather patterns are affected by global warming, societal values held by previous generations are being obliterated by the ones following, and guess what, life for many is a nightmare. Today, I want to encourage that person who is lying down beaten by life. We all at times go through situations in life where we are down. It may appear that life's challenges have handed down a technical knockout blow, but humanity was not made to be beaten by lif...