Skip to main content

God is Able.

Day 194

Reading: Isaiah 61:1 - Isaiah 64:12

My Friends,

I woke up with an excitement in my spirit. I was bubbling from within as I prayed and prepared myself for the day. Little did I know that I was preparing to battle discouragement. Sometimes in life when you do your best it's not acknowledged to the extent that some people despise you. I have learnt through it all to look to God. Like the Psalmist said 'why are you discouraged O my soul? Hope in God for I shall yet praise Him.' Psalms 42:5.

In the midst of my feeling discouraged, disappointed and down I read today's portion of scripture. Hidden inside were nuggets for my lifting. Assurances that God was with me and would lift me. God has planned things eyes have not seen. Charles, what God has planned for your eyes haven't seen. Inventions, innovations are secrets that God gives to men and in this hour I believe we are going to see a release of many. Ears haven't heard. Men and women haven't heard the kind of things that God is doing for you. It may not be obvious to you but know this God is working out spectacular things that will fill your mouth with rejoicing. 

As I meditated on what God is able to do, I began to declare that God is able. God is able to take you and make you a crown of glory. Yes, maybe so far you have been the representation of failure get ready for God is able, willing to change your circumstances and it is all because of His mercies. God's lovingkindness has not come to an end. You are a candidate to see Him make you a royal diadem in His hand. God is about to show the world that you are not in their hands. Your enemies thought you were finished but they too will discover you are in God's hands. In His hands, the enemy has no say.

I urge you to remind yourself that God is able. Able to save, to heal, to deliver, to make a way where there seems to be no way, to change circumstances, to promote and to anoint. God is able to turn things around. God is able. God is able. God is able.

Memory Verse: Isaiah 62:1

Decree:

Isaiah 61:10
I will greatly rejoice in the Lord, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for He has clothed me with the garments of salvation, He has covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels. (italics mine)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Absalom's Treachery

Day 91 Reading: 2 Sam. 14:1 - 2 Sam. 15:37 One of life's most painful lessons is the treachery of human beings. When family or friends hurt you and leave you grieving the pain is not the same as when someone out on the street does something wrong. The pain goes deeper and it's easy to become bitter. Absalom had fled from Israel knowing that he was a wanted man for the murder and revenge on Ammon his step-brother. Joab arranged for a wise woman to go see David and get him to forgive Absalom. The wise woman made David realise that he was not setting a godly example by exiling Absalom. The wise woman made David understand that God will not banish anyone but he will seek the person out. God will do everything in His power to restore the banished person. The wise woman was asking David not to forget the grace of God that enables one to enjoy forgiveness. David gets Absalom brought back to Jerusalem however for 2 years he didn't see him. Now, this was worse than ...

Arise!!

The world today is one where many feel as though life is beating them down. The different challenges we face in this journey called life have punched many down and out. The fuel price increases, the job cuts, economic recession in different parts of the world, government changes either through the ballot or bullet, governments going broke, floods, drought, to just but name a few things facing many in the world today. It's difficult to go to a party and you don't hear bad news relating to someone you know. The world is changing. The weather patterns are affected by global warming, societal values held by previous generations are being obliterated by the ones following, and guess what, life for many is a nightmare. Today, I want to encourage that person who is lying down beaten by life. We all at times go through situations in life where we are down. It may appear that life's challenges have handed down a technical knockout blow, but humanity was not made to be beaten by lif...

From the Pit to Safety

The news about the miners rescue has filled the atmosphere with a real lever of optimism. What began as a sad tale has ended well. As I have followed this story over the last 69 days I have had a few thoughts about some of the symbolism of this whole experience. In life we all will find ourselves in a pit (mine) of some sort.Thus the decision to see what I could learn from these great gentlemen. Firstly, they were miners. Do you realise that we all are miners in life? You may not mine for copper but as a lawyer you are mining legal matters that bring you profit. You may be a doctor whose responsibility is to mine to the root of the issue that is troubling a patients body!! We all are mining for a living!!! The miners numbered 33. Jesus was 33 when He was buried. After He died He was buried before He arose. We saw 33 men come out alive. Talk about a resurrection in their lives and in the lives of the men, families, and nation. Each miner underwent change. Whilst in the darkness of th...