Skip to main content

Get Ready to Shout....

Yesterday a friend mentioned how 2009 was one of their worst years. Not only was their expression sad but I could feel the pain as the words were spoken. I not only understood the thought processes behind the remark but also knew some of the pains they had undergone over the year. As I thought about my friend and what I could do for them I realised that we all in life go through those times where we wonder where is God?

As I think about it I remember Job. This gentleman had no right to suffer but God decided to showcase him to the enemy of our souls. This guy was enjoying life and seeking God in all intents and purposes but what hit him was shocking. In the midst of this crisis he had 4 people around him; 3 friends and his wife. He grieved so much that for 7 days they said nothing because his grief was great. Man talk about pain. I had always wondered why we suffer but I have decided to look at this plight in another way. God was simply showing off. As you go through 2010 no matter which valley or mountain you encounter, understand it's an opportunity for God to show off. Resolve that this year in every situation you face you will come out better.

My mind is made up that in 2010 my mouth will be filled with laughter and my lips with praises. No complaining or mourning will be found in me. Walk through life with an expectancy that your days will be filled with joy. Even when life seems hard, you know those times where the rubber meets the road and there is severe friction because of hard braking, make it your choice to believe that you will come out better. To have an expectation that you will consistently laugh opens the doors of life to you. It's a well known fact that laughter is good medicine. Laughter is good medication against depression.

I urge you that this year agree with the Word of God that declares that "He will yet fill your mouth with laughter and your lips with rejoicing Job 8:21". Prepare to have the best days of your life. This year my speech will be delightsome as I share good news of God's abundance and mercies to me. Join me in agreeing with the record of Heaven -the bible- that this year you and I will prevail resulting in many expressions of joy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Absalom's Treachery

Day 91 Reading: 2 Sam. 14:1 - 2 Sam. 15:37 One of life's most painful lessons is the treachery of human beings. When family or friends hurt you and leave you grieving the pain is not the same as when someone out on the street does something wrong. The pain goes deeper and it's easy to become bitter. Absalom had fled from Israel knowing that he was a wanted man for the murder and revenge on Ammon his step-brother. Joab arranged for a wise woman to go see David and get him to forgive Absalom. The wise woman made David realise that he was not setting a godly example by exiling Absalom. The wise woman made David understand that God will not banish anyone but he will seek the person out. God will do everything in His power to restore the banished person. The wise woman was asking David not to forget the grace of God that enables one to enjoy forgiveness. David gets Absalom brought back to Jerusalem however for 2 years he didn't see him. Now, this was worse than ...

Arise!!

The world today is one where many feel as though life is beating them down. The different challenges we face in this journey called life have punched many down and out. The fuel price increases, the job cuts, economic recession in different parts of the world, government changes either through the ballot or bullet, governments going broke, floods, drought, to just but name a few things facing many in the world today. It's difficult to go to a party and you don't hear bad news relating to someone you know. The world is changing. The weather patterns are affected by global warming, societal values held by previous generations are being obliterated by the ones following, and guess what, life for many is a nightmare. Today, I want to encourage that person who is lying down beaten by life. We all at times go through situations in life where we are down. It may appear that life's challenges have handed down a technical knockout blow, but humanity was not made to be beaten by lif...

From the Pit to Safety

The news about the miners rescue has filled the atmosphere with a real lever of optimism. What began as a sad tale has ended well. As I have followed this story over the last 69 days I have had a few thoughts about some of the symbolism of this whole experience. In life we all will find ourselves in a pit (mine) of some sort.Thus the decision to see what I could learn from these great gentlemen. Firstly, they were miners. Do you realise that we all are miners in life? You may not mine for copper but as a lawyer you are mining legal matters that bring you profit. You may be a doctor whose responsibility is to mine to the root of the issue that is troubling a patients body!! We all are mining for a living!!! The miners numbered 33. Jesus was 33 when He was buried. After He died He was buried before He arose. We saw 33 men come out alive. Talk about a resurrection in their lives and in the lives of the men, families, and nation. Each miner underwent change. Whilst in the darkness of th...