Skip to main content

God is Working It Out

Day 13

Gen. 40:1- Gen. 42:38

God sees the bigger picture. Many a time I don't see the bigger picture and that makes trusting God in the process so difficult. Joseph found himself now not only a slave but a prisoner. While in prison two inmates are brought and soon they have a dream and Joseph in his humility understood that God is the custodian of knowledge and secrets. No matter the gift bestowed by God understand that God is to be honoured always. Every time when faced with a situation lean on the counsel and interpretation of God. 

Joseph hoped that the bigwigs he had ministered to would provide a way out for him. He knew he didn't deserve to be in prison, however, that situation or challenge currently is only for a season. It's to prepare you for the greater good. 'Charles, use moments where you are in a fight to develop a godly character. Don't worry that you seem forgotten by those you have helped. There is a day they will have to remember you.' May God cause everyone needed to make my dream a reality to remember me at the appropriate time. They will not forget my seed sown in their lives.

When the butler remembered Joseph it was to bring him up to Pharaoh.17 years had passed from the dream to this encounter and all that time was training for leadership. May God raise Josephs in every nation for the dilemmas the world is facing we need divine guidance.

Note that when Joseph came up before Pharaoh, he underwent a makeover. Don't expect to go before kings looking like a prisoner. One cannot expect to make an impact whilst having an awful appearance. You cannot expect to be taken seriously dressed in prison dab. Your dressing will distract the listener. Dress with the understanding of where you are going. Joseph made Pharaoh understand that God would provide an answer and a solution to the troubling dream.  Learn to trust God for wisdom to the challenges of the nations. Before crying for the grace of Joseph to operate and manifest in life one question you need to answer is are you ready to pay the price for the prize? Joseph assured Pharaoh that God would give him peace of heart. Leaders at every level are seeking for solutions that give peace of heart. 'Charles, are you willing to pay the price to be a messenger carrying wisdom that gives peace of heart?'

Divine wisdom gives solutions to issues of life that cause promotion to be the reward. Don't seek promotion. Seek the Source of Wisdom and promotion will follow. Joseph from prisoner became the prime minister. Joseph in answering Pharaoh provided a solution that created a job. He then advised Pharaoh of the job description to fulfil the role. Only one man was going to get that job and that was Joseph. I always wonder how Potiphar's wife reacted when she heard that Joseph was now superior to her husband. God has a way of lifting a person above their haters. The attitude of humility before we walk in fulfilment of the dream and after is critical to seeing favour continue. 

Joseph's answer to Pharaoh created a tax system of 20 percent. This would be to save the nation. Learn to save a certain amount of money to feed on during a famine. Today many nations are in debt. This trickles all the way down to the street, where many are living in debt and not income or savings. This is a recipe for trouble. Get saving for the days ahead will see the movement of wealth that only those with resources can make to happen. The advantage of having savings is that you don't have to stoop to living the life of debt. Debt introduces poverty creating inequalities that destroy bonds. 

At last, 24 years after Joseph is sold into slavery the brothers meet with him. He doesn't reveal himself immediately as he seeks to see if he can trust them. He begins a few tests and doesn't reveal himself immediately as he seeks to discern their intentions and motives. I have a nasty habit of being open to everyone. I just trust everyone and everything and trust God to get me out. This is not wisdom, its foolishness as I have discovered the tough way. There is a reason God expects me to be discerning. I have learnt the hard way that I should not just be an open book but be cautious as many seek to take advantage of me.

Memory Verse Gen. 41:16

Decree:

Father, I thank You for the process of making me to be all that You desire I should be. I decree that I will walk in God's favour all the days of my life. I will seek Your way always in all things. I decree and declare that I am a solution provider on a daily basis. I carry answers to the challenges of the world. I receive a spirit of discernment to know the intents and motives of those around me. I pray that I will be found a faithful steward of the resources that I have access to. Forgive me that I have wasted many resources that have come my way. Thank You, Lord, that You are a God of a second chance and I know that my hands will handle great wealth for Kingdom establishment in Jesus name. Amen.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Absalom's Treachery

Day 91 Reading: 2 Sam. 14:1 - 2 Sam. 15:37 One of life's most painful lessons is the treachery of human beings. When family or friends hurt you and leave you grieving the pain is not the same as when someone out on the street does something wrong. The pain goes deeper and it's easy to become bitter. Absalom had fled from Israel knowing that he was a wanted man for the murder and revenge on Ammon his step-brother. Joab arranged for a wise woman to go see David and get him to forgive Absalom. The wise woman made David realise that he was not setting a godly example by exiling Absalom. The wise woman made David understand that God will not banish anyone but he will seek the person out. God will do everything in His power to restore the banished person. The wise woman was asking David not to forget the grace of God that enables one to enjoy forgiveness. David gets Absalom brought back to Jerusalem however for 2 years he didn't see him. Now, this was worse than ...

Arise!!

The world today is one where many feel as though life is beating them down. The different challenges we face in this journey called life have punched many down and out. The fuel price increases, the job cuts, economic recession in different parts of the world, government changes either through the ballot or bullet, governments going broke, floods, drought, to just but name a few things facing many in the world today. It's difficult to go to a party and you don't hear bad news relating to someone you know. The world is changing. The weather patterns are affected by global warming, societal values held by previous generations are being obliterated by the ones following, and guess what, life for many is a nightmare. Today, I want to encourage that person who is lying down beaten by life. We all at times go through situations in life where we are down. It may appear that life's challenges have handed down a technical knockout blow, but humanity was not made to be beaten by lif...

From the Pit to Safety

The news about the miners rescue has filled the atmosphere with a real lever of optimism. What began as a sad tale has ended well. As I have followed this story over the last 69 days I have had a few thoughts about some of the symbolism of this whole experience. In life we all will find ourselves in a pit (mine) of some sort.Thus the decision to see what I could learn from these great gentlemen. Firstly, they were miners. Do you realise that we all are miners in life? You may not mine for copper but as a lawyer you are mining legal matters that bring you profit. You may be a doctor whose responsibility is to mine to the root of the issue that is troubling a patients body!! We all are mining for a living!!! The miners numbered 33. Jesus was 33 when He was buried. After He died He was buried before He arose. We saw 33 men come out alive. Talk about a resurrection in their lives and in the lives of the men, families, and nation. Each miner underwent change. Whilst in the darkness of th...