Skip to main content

Pay the Price

Day 2

Reading: Gen:4:1-7:24

Cain, the first born, followed the footsteps of his father Adam in not walking in obedience to God. They both gave in and thus gave away their heritage. Be careful that your life is not given away because of giving in to the pleasures or temptations of this world. View the dainties of this world with displeasure, not covetousness. 

'Sin lies at the door if you don't do well' Gen. 4:7. Lord help me to watch the doorway of my heart for the enemy is deceptive. In the midst of this sad tale of how Cain murdered Abel, I am encouraged because if the blood of Abel brought such judgement what about the Blood of Jesus the Son of God. I am encouraged to know that my destiny is not in the hands of the enemy for the Blood of Jesus is calling me out and terminating every stroke of the enemy.

Seth the son born after Abel is killed has a son called Enosh. I wondered why the scriptures say after he was born men began to call on God. Enosh points to the frailty of man, or feeble. When you come to the end of trying all you can do in your strength you will discover you can only call on God. Enosh was a prophesy that you can't trust in the strength of man.

Enoch walked with God Gen. 5:22. The first time we read about anyone walking with God. He walked with God so much that he was not. His flesh was no more and all he was God. He couldn't stay on earth as this was not God's place. Its God's desire that we are dead to ourselves and only alive to God. Imagine if the entire Church was dead to flesh and only God was seen in them. The world would shake in revival. Lord may I walk with You. 

As we go through the genealogy of Adam we soon meet Noah. Lamech prophesied about his son, Noah. A father prophesies about his children. Like an archer taking a bow and arrow and pointing it towards the target,so is a father's responsibility. Today we have many who no longer understand the importance of being a father or acknowledge the Father. God desires I experience His love as My Father.  Noah was born with a mandate to bring comfort and that comfort was not brought the way many would have desired. He took 120 years building an ark according to the measurements given to him by God. Lord deliver me from building according to my own measurements. I cant walk as a believer in my own measurements- my own measurements in relationships, business, ministry or career. God desires that I walk in His measurements and not frustrate the grace that He has poured into me. God's measurements are standards He requires I live by. 

The ark is God's plan for salvation and only those found inside were saved. The days of playing games and being complicit, not being blameless are over. Grace was not meant to mean that we don't have a responsibility to walk upright. To be Christlike is to grow in maturity deepening our walk with God. The Lord will soon shut the door to the Ark!

Memory verse: Gen. 6:9

Decree:

Father, Your love towards me is unending. I decree that I will walk with God all the days of my life. I will live a surrendered life before God, wholly given to His purposes. People will see God in and through me continually. I decree that I will experience God's favour continually in all that pertains to me. I declare that I am in the Ark of the Lord and will enjoy the blessings of salvation as I ride over every flood water of life in Jesus name. Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Absalom's Treachery

Day 91 Reading: 2 Sam. 14:1 - 2 Sam. 15:37 One of life's most painful lessons is the treachery of human beings. When family or friends hurt you and leave you grieving the pain is not the same as when someone out on the street does something wrong. The pain goes deeper and it's easy to become bitter. Absalom had fled from Israel knowing that he was a wanted man for the murder and revenge on Ammon his step-brother. Joab arranged for a wise woman to go see David and get him to forgive Absalom. The wise woman made David realise that he was not setting a godly example by exiling Absalom. The wise woman made David understand that God will not banish anyone but he will seek the person out. God will do everything in His power to restore the banished person. The wise woman was asking David not to forget the grace of God that enables one to enjoy forgiveness. David gets Absalom brought back to Jerusalem however for 2 years he didn't see him. Now, this was worse than ...

Berachah

Day 126 Reading: 2 Chronicles 20:1 - 2 Chronicles 22:12 While meditating on the above portion of scriptures hope was rising within as I realised that God is indeed more than able to fight for me. I don't know what is ailing you or contending with your well being. What I know is that God is able to resolve the crisis for good. King Jehoshaphat was advised that a great army was coming to fight him. Fear gripped him and he ran to God. He summoned the entire nation to seek the face of God. While he made prayer for salvation from the enemy the entire nation including children were together fasting in prayer. He understood that in trouble one should run to God. The king didn't run to other nations to fight for him. Nope, He ran to God. Run to God always. In the midst of an entire nation seeking God, a prophet arose who declared the counsel of God. The battle belongs to God. Always remind yourself that in every battle God is with you. The prophet even instructed where...

Arise!!

The world today is one where many feel as though life is beating them down. The different challenges we face in this journey called life have punched many down and out. The fuel price increases, the job cuts, economic recession in different parts of the world, government changes either through the ballot or bullet, governments going broke, floods, drought, to just but name a few things facing many in the world today. It's difficult to go to a party and you don't hear bad news relating to someone you know. The world is changing. The weather patterns are affected by global warming, societal values held by previous generations are being obliterated by the ones following, and guess what, life for many is a nightmare. Today, I want to encourage that person who is lying down beaten by life. We all at times go through situations in life where we are down. It may appear that life's challenges have handed down a technical knockout blow, but humanity was not made to be beaten by lif...