Skip to main content

The Power of the Blessing

Day 16

Reading: Gen. 48:1-Gen. 50:26

Always remember the promises of God and learn to recount them to your children. Jacob had a personal encounter that led to the blessing of God over his life. May I have a definite divine encounter that changes my story!

There is power in the blessing of a blessed person. When God's hand is on a person they carry a potency to bless generations altering generations. Jacob imparted a blessing on Ephraim and Manasseh moving them from one generational level to that of their uncles. He moved them to be in the lineage and the flow of the blessing that was from Abraham to Isaac to Jacob and would transcend to Jacob's children. Learn to decree blessings on your children. Convey the blessings of God to them.

Ephraim had a double blessing. He moved from being the second born to the front. God will always lift that which is not primary to the top. Your spirit man will rise above the carnal man which is born first. 'Charles, there is a blessing that makes a person overtake those born before you'. Lord activate this blessing in my life.

Jacob before dying speaks into the lives of his children:
  • Reuben he curses for defiling his fathers' bed.
  • Simon and Levi, who led the onslaught against the Shechem, he also curses for their anger. 
  • Judah, he decrees that he will be praised by his peers. Jacob was seeing ahead into the lineage of Judah. Jacob decrees an authority to break the hold of the enemy in his life. Jacob by speaking of the spectre was speaking into the dominion that Judah would have over his family.
  • Zebulon, he was given authority to a gate into the seas. He was given the port rights of the family. 
  • Issachar a hard worker who unfortunately because of rest and seeing the land as good would become a slave. Be careful when you rest where you shouldn't be.
  • Dan is called a judge of the people, however, he also says that his behaviour would be compared to a serpent. Dan would attack riders causing them to fall backwards. 
  • Gad, a troop. Victory was announced to his life over the challenges he would face. He may lose battles but not the war!
  • Asher was called one whose bread would be yielding in rich dainties. May I partake of the Bread of the Lord yielding in rich dainties.
  • Naphtali, the grace with which a deer run was equated to his eloquence. 
  • Joseph was called strong for having remained alive while in the fiery furnace of being shot at with negative arrows. Jacob then decreed that every blessing of the heavens, earth and beneath would come upon him. Joseph was blessed with a blessing that would excel even that of his ancestors. He truly was about to shine greatly. 
  • Benjamin was equated to a ravenous wolf. He would be great at hunting. 
After the burial of Jacob, the brothers begin to deal with self-condemnation again. They were never assured of themselves that Joseph meant no harm for them. No wonder when he heard their plea he cried. He had forgiven them and nothing was going to change that. Joseph was the braggadocious brother they sent away. He was a humble man who saw the outworking of God in all things.

Memory Verse: Gen. 50:20

Decree:

Father, thank You for wisdom. I release anyone who has caused me pain. I decree that I will walk in humility and by honouring the Lord for His purpose in me will be great and it will come to pass. Thank You for the blessing that You give that changes my story. I decree today I become the manifestations of the blessing of God upon me. I decree that I am a carrier of the blessing of God. I decree that I am a distributor of the blessings of God. I invoke today and activate the power of the blessing to cause me to ride in blessing all the days of my life. I decree that I am blessed with the blessings of the heavens, the blessings of the earth and the earth beneath. I partake of the blessings of God and will confound many because the blessing of God in me will cause me to overtake those ahead of me. I will excel more than my ancestors and those who have run ahead of me because of the blessings of God in Jesus name. Amen  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Absalom's Treachery

Day 91 Reading: 2 Sam. 14:1 - 2 Sam. 15:37 One of life's most painful lessons is the treachery of human beings. When family or friends hurt you and leave you grieving the pain is not the same as when someone out on the street does something wrong. The pain goes deeper and it's easy to become bitter. Absalom had fled from Israel knowing that he was a wanted man for the murder and revenge on Ammon his step-brother. Joab arranged for a wise woman to go see David and get him to forgive Absalom. The wise woman made David realise that he was not setting a godly example by exiling Absalom. The wise woman made David understand that God will not banish anyone but he will seek the person out. God will do everything in His power to restore the banished person. The wise woman was asking David not to forget the grace of God that enables one to enjoy forgiveness. David gets Absalom brought back to Jerusalem however for 2 years he didn't see him. Now, this was worse than ...

Arise!!

The world today is one where many feel as though life is beating them down. The different challenges we face in this journey called life have punched many down and out. The fuel price increases, the job cuts, economic recession in different parts of the world, government changes either through the ballot or bullet, governments going broke, floods, drought, to just but name a few things facing many in the world today. It's difficult to go to a party and you don't hear bad news relating to someone you know. The world is changing. The weather patterns are affected by global warming, societal values held by previous generations are being obliterated by the ones following, and guess what, life for many is a nightmare. Today, I want to encourage that person who is lying down beaten by life. We all at times go through situations in life where we are down. It may appear that life's challenges have handed down a technical knockout blow, but humanity was not made to be beaten by lif...

Berachah

Day 126 Reading: 2 Chronicles 20:1 - 2 Chronicles 22:12 While meditating on the above portion of scriptures hope was rising within as I realised that God is indeed more than able to fight for me. I don't know what is ailing you or contending with your well being. What I know is that God is able to resolve the crisis for good. King Jehoshaphat was advised that a great army was coming to fight him. Fear gripped him and he ran to God. He summoned the entire nation to seek the face of God. While he made prayer for salvation from the enemy the entire nation including children were together fasting in prayer. He understood that in trouble one should run to God. The king didn't run to other nations to fight for him. Nope, He ran to God. Run to God always. In the midst of an entire nation seeking God, a prophet arose who declared the counsel of God. The battle belongs to God. Always remind yourself that in every battle God is with you. The prophet even instructed where...