Skip to main content

In the Beginning

Day 1


Reading: Gen. 1:1-3:24

Today marks a new beginning. As the sounds of happy new year filled the atmosphere, thanksgiving arose within my lips to say thank you for allowing me to see this new season. This year by God's grace I will blog my devotional notes. I am not seeking to give new revelations. I just want to encourage people to read the bible on a daily basis from my notes. 

Many times we are amazed at the story of Creation. Genesis is filled with beginnings and principles that show God's order.  As I read Genesis 1 I got struck by the times God spoke then God made. Not only is God a God of the plan, however, He executes His plan with attention to detail. He not only decreed and declared creation, God also made creation. God is interested in the process. This year understand somethings will happen without any outside aid, however, also know that the process of making into the prophetic word is part of God's manifestation strategy.

Notice that when it came to mankind God first had a conference. We are introduced to not only the beginning of the ages in God's design but also God's desire for man to walk with Him. When God made mankind He not only spoke, He made and breathed into him and blessed mankind. I carry the breath of God as a child of God. 

Sin entered the world voluntarily. No one forced Adam and Eve to sin. They sinned because they were enticed. Sin brought shame to Adam and Eve. Walk carefully knowing the enemy seeks to entice you away from the Garden of Eden God has planted you in. The enemy will seek to distort the truth revealed. Certain conversations I have entertained can no longer be accepted as they are doorways for satanic enticements. Be careful the conversations either internally and externally, that they are not causing you to doubt the veracity and efficacious nature of the Word of God.

Sin may have entered the world but it cannot stop God. When God made man and woman He blessed them. To bless is simply to empower to prosper. Sin simply brought an obstacle to the manifestation of the blessing. God in providing the skins illustrated the power of the blood to cover sin. Only God can cover our shame. God never removed the blessing even when Adam and Eve left the garden. This doesn't mean that we can do whatever we want as the blessing will work. No,  sin removes you from fellowship with the Source of Blessing. 

As I close I want to challenge you. God is the God of beginnings. He is the Beginning. Don't allow any beginning in your life to happen without the Beginner of all beginnings. Begin every day with Him. Begin the day with the Word and Prayer. Let the Beginner of all be in your beginning.

Memory verse: Gen 2:7

Decree:

I am blessed of God. I decree that I am empowered to increase, to be fruitful in the body and produce of work; empowered to multiply, to subdue the earth and have dominion. As this year begins I decree and declare that I am blessed and will see the blessing of God work for me. I invite the God of Beginnings to begin with me this year, season and be in all that concerns me. Let today herald a new beginning in Jesus name. Amen


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Absalom's Treachery

Day 91 Reading: 2 Sam. 14:1 - 2 Sam. 15:37 One of life's most painful lessons is the treachery of human beings. When family or friends hurt you and leave you grieving the pain is not the same as when someone out on the street does something wrong. The pain goes deeper and it's easy to become bitter. Absalom had fled from Israel knowing that he was a wanted man for the murder and revenge on Ammon his step-brother. Joab arranged for a wise woman to go see David and get him to forgive Absalom. The wise woman made David realise that he was not setting a godly example by exiling Absalom. The wise woman made David understand that God will not banish anyone but he will seek the person out. God will do everything in His power to restore the banished person. The wise woman was asking David not to forget the grace of God that enables one to enjoy forgiveness. David gets Absalom brought back to Jerusalem however for 2 years he didn't see him. Now, this was worse than ...

Arise!!

The world today is one where many feel as though life is beating them down. The different challenges we face in this journey called life have punched many down and out. The fuel price increases, the job cuts, economic recession in different parts of the world, government changes either through the ballot or bullet, governments going broke, floods, drought, to just but name a few things facing many in the world today. It's difficult to go to a party and you don't hear bad news relating to someone you know. The world is changing. The weather patterns are affected by global warming, societal values held by previous generations are being obliterated by the ones following, and guess what, life for many is a nightmare. Today, I want to encourage that person who is lying down beaten by life. We all at times go through situations in life where we are down. It may appear that life's challenges have handed down a technical knockout blow, but humanity was not made to be beaten by lif...

From the Pit to Safety

The news about the miners rescue has filled the atmosphere with a real lever of optimism. What began as a sad tale has ended well. As I have followed this story over the last 69 days I have had a few thoughts about some of the symbolism of this whole experience. In life we all will find ourselves in a pit (mine) of some sort.Thus the decision to see what I could learn from these great gentlemen. Firstly, they were miners. Do you realise that we all are miners in life? You may not mine for copper but as a lawyer you are mining legal matters that bring you profit. You may be a doctor whose responsibility is to mine to the root of the issue that is troubling a patients body!! We all are mining for a living!!! The miners numbered 33. Jesus was 33 when He was buried. After He died He was buried before He arose. We saw 33 men come out alive. Talk about a resurrection in their lives and in the lives of the men, families, and nation. Each miner underwent change. Whilst in the darkness of th...