Skip to main content

The One Thought Of As Dead Is Alive

Day 14

Reading Gen. 43:1-Gen. 45:28

Honesty in all dealings is something God loves and expects of me. Jacob expected his sons to have not spoken about the family, however, what if they lied and never mentioned that they had a brother with the father?Would the story have been the same? Being crafty in the name of hiding information may look wise at that moment however it could be costly.

Learn to appreciate those who do well. A gift makes room like no other. Jacob understood that the ruler his sons spoke of was a person with authority and had blessed them by giving them plenty of food. He wanted that person appreciated. He also had the integrity to tell them to take back the money they should have paid for the food the previous occasion. Leaders look at such characteristics to see where your integrity is. 

The brothers went to buy food and suddenly were invited to dine with the ruler. May God cause such favour to be my story. Buyers of food was the title the brothers had before they came for dinner and were about to discover that they were moving to a new dimension. Humility is to know who to talk to and where. The brothers knew they should speak to the steward who gave them the food and not Joseph about the money. 

Joseph bringing the brothers to his house was a sign that they had passed his test of integrity. When the heart is free of bitterness or unforgiveness one yearns for family restoration. I find it interesting that the brothers never had a clue that Joseph could be the ruler with the way they were sat to dine.

As they sat and eat I'm sure they must have thought we have hit the jackpot and didn't even realise that there would be another test coming. Learn to be careful even when you dine with greatness, be on guard. If they had searched their bags they would have returned the cup before leaving. However, being on a high that they were all leaving must have numbed their thinking. 

Be careful the words you speak when facing adversity or terror. They offered the death of whoever was found with a cup. Judah whilst speaking to Joseph mentioned that they considered the missing brother dead. This must have been painful to Joseph to think that his family thought of him as dead. Yet, Joseph saw that all that happened in his sold was for the good of his family. He had come to a place of realisation that all was for the good of the family. He recognised himself as a deliverer. When the hand of destiny is upon us at work everything is for a greater purpose. Learn to see things from the perspective of Heaven and it will be easier to let go of the pain. 

Joseph had so much favour that Pharaoh commanded resources to bring his entire family. May God raise believers in places of government that they will be influential for the purposes of the Kingdom. As Pharaoh gave this instruction that Israel and his entire family move to Egypt I wonder if the prophecy given to Abraham about the children of Israel living in Egypt for 400 years was in their minds.

There is good news that revives the soul of the hearer. May I be the recipient of good news!!

Memory verse: Gen. 45:7

Decree

Father, I thank You for good news. This year I decree I will continually hear good news. I decree that I will walk in freedom. Free of unforgiveness and bitterness. I choose to forgive all those who have hurt me. I release them and decree the blessings of God over their lives. I decree total restoration of family in my life. I decree and declare that I am a deliverer, used of God to deliver the people of God from poverty and destruction. I decree that I am available for the Master's use to be a saviour on earth bringing many to safety in Jesus name. Amen






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Absalom's Treachery

Day 91 Reading: 2 Sam. 14:1 - 2 Sam. 15:37 One of life's most painful lessons is the treachery of human beings. When family or friends hurt you and leave you grieving the pain is not the same as when someone out on the street does something wrong. The pain goes deeper and it's easy to become bitter. Absalom had fled from Israel knowing that he was a wanted man for the murder and revenge on Ammon his step-brother. Joab arranged for a wise woman to go see David and get him to forgive Absalom. The wise woman made David realise that he was not setting a godly example by exiling Absalom. The wise woman made David understand that God will not banish anyone but he will seek the person out. God will do everything in His power to restore the banished person. The wise woman was asking David not to forget the grace of God that enables one to enjoy forgiveness. David gets Absalom brought back to Jerusalem however for 2 years he didn't see him. Now, this was worse than ...

From the Pit to Safety

The news about the miners rescue has filled the atmosphere with a real lever of optimism. What began as a sad tale has ended well. As I have followed this story over the last 69 days I have had a few thoughts about some of the symbolism of this whole experience. In life we all will find ourselves in a pit (mine) of some sort.Thus the decision to see what I could learn from these great gentlemen. Firstly, they were miners. Do you realise that we all are miners in life? You may not mine for copper but as a lawyer you are mining legal matters that bring you profit. You may be a doctor whose responsibility is to mine to the root of the issue that is troubling a patients body!! We all are mining for a living!!! The miners numbered 33. Jesus was 33 when He was buried. After He died He was buried before He arose. We saw 33 men come out alive. Talk about a resurrection in their lives and in the lives of the men, families, and nation. Each miner underwent change. Whilst in the darkness of th...

Arise!!

The world today is one where many feel as though life is beating them down. The different challenges we face in this journey called life have punched many down and out. The fuel price increases, the job cuts, economic recession in different parts of the world, government changes either through the ballot or bullet, governments going broke, floods, drought, to just but name a few things facing many in the world today. It's difficult to go to a party and you don't hear bad news relating to someone you know. The world is changing. The weather patterns are affected by global warming, societal values held by previous generations are being obliterated by the ones following, and guess what, life for many is a nightmare. Today, I want to encourage that person who is lying down beaten by life. We all at times go through situations in life where we are down. It may appear that life's challenges have handed down a technical knockout blow, but humanity was not made to be beaten by lif...